As a church we need to store the information we have about people safely and process it properly. To help us with this at Welcome Church we ha e introduced a new database system called ChurchSuite. Some of you may have heard of it or used it before.
What happens next?
If you are already on our Welcome Church database you should have received two e-mails:
E-mail 1: Is simply to let you know that you’re on our ChurchSuite database. If you don’t want to be on it anymore you can ask to be removed.
E-mail 2: Gives you login details for your personal account.
If you believe you are on our system (or want to be) and you haven’t had an e-mail from us, something may be wrong with the info we have. Please let us know straightaway.
ChurchSuite comes with a handy App
ChurchSuite comes with a free to use App for smart phones and tablets. Please download it and login to it. It works on a web browser too, so you might want to login to it on your laptop and bookmark it too.
Some important info: this App will replace the previous Welcome Church App, which we will cease to use or update as of now, It will disappear from the App Store soon, but you might want to delete it now and save some precious space on your device! 😀
What the ChurchSuite App does for us
The app will initially contain:
- Your data (Address, DOB, phone number etc.) Please check that it’s correct and edit it if it’s not. You can also add more data than we currently hold if you want to. No one else can see your data except those who we have authorised to see it. (Even if you change the settings on your data to “visible”, this will still be true. We’ve set it up that way on purpose …)
- Podcasts – so you can keep up to date with our latest talks easily
- Links to our Facebook page and our Website (which might be helpful)
- The church diary, and the chance to sign up for events (which will be hugely helpful)
In the next few weeks we will be adding some more functions:
- Serving rotas will soon be added (some are there already). Reminder e-mails will also be generated through the App for when you’re serving
- You will be able to mark when you’re unable to serve so that you don’t get put on a rota, and you’ll also be able to organise swaps with people.
- For people who create rotas: we will soon be showing you how to do this easily through the App; although at first we are adding them centrally
- Registration for kids and youth work will soon be done through the App
- Later on you’ll be able to see your life group, or serving team and message them all through the App
- Further applications may also follow
We really hope this is helpful for people. If you have any questions please message Darren in the office on Darren.Forsdyke@allwelcome.uk
Thanks … and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Introducing ChurchSuite”
Fantastic! This looks brilliant and just what we need Steve.
Pingback: Calling ALL Welcome Church People! | Steve Petch's Blog