Our first Sunday Experience as a church online went really well; I hope you enjoyed it.
Some highlights following last Sunday are these:
- As a very conservative estimate, well over a thousand people around the world have seen our Sunday message or heard the podcast.
- We’ve had great feedback from people in Brazil, India, South Africa and many other places in the UK including Northern Ireland. These are not people who we would normally have expected to connect with us, so our footprint has grown overnight
- Numbers of people from our church started their own watch parties on Facebook (some by design and some by accident 🙂) and found that their friends who would not normally be with them on a Sunday at church joined in and watched too
- The daily encouragement videos have been shared by many of us, and are also now being viewed by a wide range of people. Prayer requests are starting to arrive from both overseas and closer to home. Do watch these daily videos at 4pm, and share them with anyone who you think would be helped or blessed by them
NEW PLANS for this Sunday
The lockdown that we are currently living under means that the recording for this Sunday will probably all need to be done at home. We will do our level best to make it as high quality as possible! We are also trying to incorporate some worship content, so watch this space.
The specific plan for Sunday has changed and is now as follows:
- Our Sunday experience will go live on both our Welcome Church website and our Welcome Church Facebook Page at about 9am
- After that you can watch it at any time that suits you. Please share the link to your own social media accounts and directly with other people too
- We will host watch parties as a church on our Welcome Church Facebook Page at 9am, 11am and 4pm each Sunday
- If you want to watch in community with other people – which we hope you will -you can join in with any of our watch parties, or you could just start one of your own. These are a great way to interact with people along the way
- The kids work will go live on both our website and our Facebook page at about 10am, so do make use of that too – it will bless your kids
Prayer is absolutely crucial at this challenging time.
Don’t forget that we are now praying online as a church twice a day via Zoom. All the details you need to join in, including the specific code to join the meetings, can be found here. Anyone is welcome to join us. I hope we will see you online to pray with us soon.
In case you missed it, here is a link to yesterday’s encouragement video:
The next episode will be out at 4pm today